Public Library in Northern New Jersey
Reference and Periodicals Librarian, full-time
- Provides one-on-one reference aid and reader’s advisory, as well as technical assistance with e-reading devices and personal computers.
- Develops, manages, promotes, and purchases for the mystery, large print, foreign languages literature, and language learning collections.
- Acts as the main contact for development and maintenance for the periodicals print and digital collections.
- Researches library marketing trends to promote reference and reader’s advisory services.
- Creates subject bibliographies on a range of reference topics and publicity content marketing the collections.
Sussex County Community College, Newton, NJ
Reference and Instruction Librarian, part-time
March 2014–August 2014
- Provided reference and circulation services to students and faculty.
- Planned, developed, and instructed class sessions on a variety of academic research and resource topics.
- Developed and edited resource pathfinders and guides.
Montclair Public Library, Montclair, NJ
Reference Librarian, part-time
October 2013–August 2014
- Navigated users’ inquiries and locates appropriate resources.
- Provided reader’s advisory.
- Troubleshot computer and technology questions.
- Conducted reference research and tracks resource usage.
- Contributed to library and collection development projects ad hoc.
Rutgers University Libraries, New Brunswick, NJ
STS Graduate Instructor, part-time
September 2013– December 2014
- Instructed undergraduate transfer students on how to use the Libraries’ online catalog and electronic resources.
- Responded to students and faculties’ questions.
- Assisted instructed the STEM and writing courses on similar lessons with a subject-focus.
Morristown & Morris Twp. Joint Free Public Library, Morristown, NJ
Media Library Clerk, part-time
September 2012–August 2014
- Aided patrons with using the Library’s technologies and electronic resources.
- Provided patron advisory for media and print materials.
- Maintained and distributeed the AV and periodical collections in a friendly and efficient manner.
Rutgers University Learning Center, New Brunswick, NJ
Graduate Writing Instructor, part-time
September 2012–Septemer 2013
- Aided students with their writing beyond basic composition and expository levels.
- Instructed students on utilizing electronic citation tools and citation formats.
- Specialized in political science, public policy, and literature-related writing.
Governor’s Office of Policy & Planning – Commonwealth of Penn., Harrisburg, PA
Policy Intern, full-time
September 2011–December 2011
- Researched policy and legislative developments.
- Compiled policy briefs on a variety of salient topics to the Commonwealth.
- Summarized reports and legislation for policy decisions.
- Completed a policy research seminar and individual research project Checking-in or Checking-out: An Assessment of Libraries in State Government;
- Produced an Frequently Asked Questions web document for the State Library of Pennsylvania website.
- Represented Lock Haven University in The Harrisburg Internship Semester – a selective internship program sponsored by the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
Annie Halenbake Ross Library – AmeriCorps State and National, Lock Haven, PA
Library Assistant and AmeriCorps Service Member, part-time
September 2010-September 2011
- Interacted with patrons at the circulation desk for reader’s advisory and leading.
- Monitored use of the local history and genealogical resource collection.
- Promoted public service in the community through public events.
- Developed and facilitated youth and family programming for the 2011 Summer Reading Program.
Lock Haven University of Penn. Writing Center, Lock Haven, PA
Writing Tutor, part-time
September 2009–December 2012
- Supported students through the writing process for multiple majors and assignments.
- Acted as a contact for the MLA and APA citation styles.
- Represented the English Department and the Writing Center in instructional workshops.
- Engaged in education writing projects for the LHU community.
Rockaway Township Public Library, Rockaway, NJ
Library Assistant, part-time
August 2006–August 2010
- Progressed from High School Page to Library Assistant with increased responsibility.
- Performed circulation tasks and shelved efficiently.
- Delivered professional and courteous patron service.
- Assisted with the Library’s special projects.